Valentine’s Day is fast approaching! With health restrictions still in place, this guide to at-home romantic ideas for Valentine’s Day will come in handy. Who says you have to go out to celebrate the day of hearts, anyway?
Plus, is there anything more romantic than preparing a steak dinner over a flame or cozying up by the fireplace? Here are 5 romantic date ideas you can enjoy at home:
- Go for that cinema vibe. “Netflix and chill” is one thing, but have you tried projecting a movie on your bedroom wall or backyard with the stars twinkling above you? This is one of the more retro date ideas reminiscent of drive-through cinemas that you can enjoy from home with a mini projector and your movie of choice. Snuggle up on a picnic blanket and don’t forget the popcorn!
- Get that cake! This is for the more competitive couples who would like to have a friendly competition on Valentine’s Day. Bake offs are a fun way to do something together while still letting your competitive sides take the reins. Perhaps try making a classic red velvet cake or the trendy burnt basque cheesecake. What’s even more enjoyable is that you can bake both of these cakes in a grill, so that adds a new element to the otherwise classic method of preparing cakes. Top these cakes off with your favorite berries and lovingly feed each other, enjoying the (literal) fruits of your labor together.
- Fireplace charcuterie and wine. A classic. We’ve all seen this before—ambient lighting from the fireplace, some wine, and cheese to nibble on… it definitely sets a romantic mood. Buy a bottle of white wine you both haven’t tried before and make sure to chill it before your fireplace date. During your date, take a deep breath of the wine bouquet and make a date night sense memory of it. It is said that the sense of smell is the strongest trigger for sense memories. Make it a night to remember by trying out something new to you and your significant other, so that when you try it again in the future, you will be reminded of this first for both of you.
- Enjoy a DIY spa night. Whoever said spa dates are only for the ladies is wrong! Gentlemen deserve pampering too, and may find that it is quite an enjoyable treat. A DIY spa night is a great way for the ladies to introduce the delights of at-home pampering to the men in their lives. Light some scented candles, fill the bathtub, drop in a bath bomb, Epsom or sea salt. Cover your eyes with slices of cucumber or go all out with sheet masks. Now you’re set for a relaxing and more intimate date night.
- Have a week-long celebration. Yes, you read that right. Celebrate all week long. Romance is in the air, so make the most out of it! A lot of people celebrate Valentine’s Day, but you have this chance to make it your very own valentine week. Try out all of the date ideas above, add some activities you and your significant other particularly enjoy but haven’t done in a while, and cap it off with a hearty steak dinner.
Try these romantic ideas out and revel in the magic of celebrating the day of hearts. Make it your own and create new fond memories!
We hope you enjoyed this article, “5 Romantic Ideas for At-Home Date Night.” Don’t have your barbecue or fireplace just yet? Visit our Peterborough showroom for a large selection of premium barbecues and fireplaces to get personalized recommendations based on your needs and budget!